Hussaina Ishaya-Audu is a passionate educator and life-long learner. Before coming to Nobelhouse College, Abeokuta as Principal, she was Deputy Principal at The Regent College, a sixth form school in Abuja. Prior to this Hussaina was the lead consultant at Leadership Institute for Educators, (LIFE), an organisation that supports schools and educators across Nigeria and Africa to evolve into 21st century institutions and practitioners respectively.
Hussaina was the pioneer Vice Principal at Noble Hall Leadership Academy for Girls in Abuja. However, she garnered her senior leadership experience at Greensprings School Lagos, Lekki Campus, firstly as pioneer Head of Boarding, then Vice Principal (Admissions and Operations), before her appointment as pioneer principal of the Greensprings IBDP (International Baccalaureate Diploma) Senior School.
She is a certified BUILD Educator having been accredited by the Centre for Entrepreneurial Studies (an affiliate of African Leadership Academy), South Africa and is one of a handful of educators in Nigeria validated as a Core Skills Trainer by the British Council. She is certified by the Conflict Resolution Institute, Seattle, Washington, to run and co-ordinate peer mediation programmes in both primary and secondary schools and certified by Character Counts! as a train-the–trainer facilitator.
Hussaina Ishaya-Audu’s Curricular, Pastoral & Management Experience include:
- Strategic planning and policy implementation
- Curricular development (IBDP, CIE Primary & Secondary, Entrepreneurial Leadership)
- IB Theory of Knowledge (ToK) Coordinator
- Production of whole school timetables
- Performance Management (monitoring & evaluation of instruction) & Quality Control
- Facilitating In-service training
- Teacher training & mentoring
- School Inspections
- Boarding planning & supervision
- Marketing – Production of newsletters, prospectus, etc; representing schools at recruitment fairs, and social media engagement
- Programme Coordination (EL, CC!, PM)